europa: the drifting sea

:-:vital signs under the ice::_

Saturday, June 17, 2006

10 Greatest Bands Ever

I've been reading a lot of lists lately about music, and I don't agree with many (some, but not all), so for anyone interested, this is my personal list of the 10 greatest bands ever. (may have a bizzare tendency to change every now and then after I hear something new). Keep in mind though that this is not in numerical order from, y'know, best to worst, its just me puttin it all in a big ol' basket. Its just for fun really.

1.The Beatles
2.U2
3.Led Zeppelin
4.Pink Floyd
5.The Rolling Stones
6.The Who
7.R.E.M.
8.The Beach Boys
9.Coldplay
10.Queen

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want I should fix that list for you?

In no particular order,

1. Ozzy Osbourne
2. Def Leppard
3. Boston
4. AC/DC
5. Van Halen
6. Pink Floyd
7. Ratt
8. Journey
9. Weezer
10. Queen

Honorable Mention: Moby

Now, the ten most overrated bands ever, in no particular order, except for #1,

1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Led Zeppelin
3. The Rolling Stones
4. The Beatles
5. KoЯn
6. Metallica
7. Green Day
8. Nine Inch Nails
9. Linkin Park
10. CCR

Dishonorable Mention: The Red Hot Chili Peppers

8:44 PM  
Blogger Nick Hill said...

I agree with Moby, despite the fact hes not a band, but thats it.

Best Prog Album Ever...
1.Dark Side of The Moon

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see your basis for this list. I can't really argue cause I don't know enough about it, but I guess you know what you're talking about.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nick Hill said...

my basis? well, ill tell you. the greatest pop/melody making/unbelievably talented genius band was the Beatles. The best inspirational/impotant/sonic drowning/my personal favorite band is U2. the best rock band was Led Zeppelin. Pink Floyd was just cool. the Rolling Stones are so much of a staple and so many people like them that you have to put them on the list, period. The Who like many of these bands (U2 etc.) started a whole genre of music (punk). REM just has some amazing songs. The Beach Boys produced some of the best recordings known to man. Coldplay just fires me up most of the time. and Queen were melodic genius. how bout that 4 an answer?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Nick Hill said...

lol

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home